Spicy Avocado-Cucumber Soup

Spicy Avocado-Cucumber Soup

Changes in routine always throw me off course, even the slightest ones. And it can take me months to find my groove back! The husband was going through few changes work-wise which affected us a little too (but of course). Plus, the last leg of winter was especially brutal - that took a toll on all of us as well. I have been blogging less and less over the last couple of months. In fact I have not been cooking or baking much either - mostly quick fixes and one-pot meals. 
Sometime in the last month I decided to try out at least one new recipe each week. I have been reading recipes and bookmarking, but did not get around to trying something out till today. Not sure if I can stick to one new recipe a week plan, but I am going to give it a shot! So here's what I made today.
This chilled spicy Avocado-Cucumber Soup was pretty filling with the perfect amount of heat and I really enjoyed the creamy texture. 

Spicy Avocado-Cucumber Soup


This recipe was inspired from here - Food and Wine

Ingredients: Yield - 3
  • Cucumber - 1, (I used half of an English cucumber)
  • Avocado - 1
  • Serrano Chile - 1, seeded and chopped
  • Thai Green Curry Paste - 1 tsp
  • Lime Zest - 1 tsp
  • Lime Juice - 1 tbsp, freshly squeezed
  • Unsweetened Coconut Milk - 1/2 Cup
  • Water - 1 1/2 Cup
  • Red Chili flake - a few pinches, for garnishing 
  • Coconut flakes - couple of tablespoons lightly toasted for garnishing (I skipped this)
  • Salt to taste

In a mixer or a food processor, blitz the cucumber until smooth. Now add the avocado, lime zest and curry paste. Blend till smooth. Tip in the coconut milk, water and squueze in the lime juice. Run the processor till everything is nicely mixed in. Pour the soup into a large bowl and chill it in the fridge for about 20 minutes. 
Sprinkle the toasted coconut flakes (if using) and chili flakes and serve chilled. I served it with some crunchy toasted french bread. 

Comments

Hamaree Rasoi said…
I always have a liking for spicy soup. This combination of avocado and cucumber looks amazing.
Deepa
Cocoawind said…
Thank you Deepa :)
Anjana said…
I've been eating avocados like crazy nowadays. I've been thinking of making a soup, but wonder if it'll turn brown. Any tips?
Cocoawind said…
Hi Anjana... there is lime juice in this soup which will keep the avocado from browning. I still have some leftover soup and it has retained its color! :)
Keya said…
Sounds so very delicious!!! Try korbo!
Cocoawind said…
Thank you! Hope you like it! 🙂

Popular Posts