Super Bowl 50 and Super Easy Snacks - Roasted Cauliflower Florets

Super Bowl 50 and Super Easy Snacks - Roasted Cauliflower Florets


Its half-time. Carolina Panthers vs Denver Broncos. So far the score is 7-13 in favor of  Broncos. Coldplay (British rock band - yes, I had to google them) is performing. By the looks of it, the band has a solid fan following. I have never heard of them before only goes to show that I am in the 'almost senile' category!
 
Next up - Bruno Mars & Beyoncé - now we are talking! Watching them dance almost makes me want to become fit! And learn dancing! Almost!
 
Making snacks for Super Bowl was once again a last-minute thing. I was down the whole day with a bad case of lower back pain. When the husband called from Wholefoods to ask me if I wanted him to pick up a bag of chips (he goes grocery shopping armed with an exhaustive list but he will call at least 3 times.. every time) I found myself adding things to the list - chicken wings (raw), cauliflower and a few more things.
 
The husband picked a tub of spicy guacamole from Wholefoods along with some blue corn chips.
 
And I made some Baked Chicken Wings, Roasted Cauliflower Florets & Blanched Almond Chaat (inspired by Peanut Chaat) to munch on while 22 men fought.. err... played on the field. Quite an impressive snack line-up, if I may say so myself, considering I hauled myself up half an hour before the game started to make the snacks.
 
I called the roasted cauliflower florets vegetarian wings jokingly , so that the 6 1/4 yo would eat it without troubling me! He loves the Baked Chicken Wings that I make.
 
Ingredients:
  • Cauliflower - 1 medium head, cut into florets, about 2 Cups
  • Oil - 1 tbsp
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • Curry Powder - 1 tsp (use your favorite masala/spice blend)
  • Paprika - 1/2 tsp (use chili powder if you prefer more heat)
Super Bowl 50 and Super Easy Snacks - Roasted Cauliflower Florets
 
 
Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a cookie sheet with foil, brush a little oil and set aside.
 
In a bowl whisk together oil, salt & pepper, curry powder (or your choice of spice blend) and paprika. Toss the florets in the oil-spice mix well. Spread the florets in a single layer on cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes or so. Halfway, give a toss.
 
Serve hot. With a condiment, if you prefer.
 
By the time I was done with the post, half-time was over! I have to admit, I enjoyed last year's half-time performance more!

Comments

Popular Posts