Chholey with a hint of Mint

This happened because I was too lazy to clean out my mixer after I had made some mint chutney for the bhelpoori I would be making the next day and I used it to make my onion paste for the chholey. I had no idea that it would turn out so good. So I made it again, this time paying attention to the measurements and taking a pic so that I could put it on the blog.  I wish I had a better picture though. I had made it for lunch today and we had polished most of it off before I got a chance to click a pic.

What I needed:

  • 1/2 cup of chickpeas, soaked overnight.
  • Paste of 1 medium onion, 3-4 cloves of garlic, 4-5 mint leaves and 1 cup of cilantro
  • Whole Garam Masala - 2 pieces of cinnamon, 3-4 cloves and 2-3 cardamoms
  • Salt to Taste
  • 1 tbs of sunflower oil

How I made it:

  • Boiled the chickpeas, strained it and kept aside
  • Heated oil in a pan and add the whole garam masala to it
  • Then added the paste to it and cooked it well
  • Added the boiled chickpeas and stirred
  • Added water and cooked for about 10 minutes
Serve it with Chapati or Rice


Comments

Just a hint of mint took the chole to a new level. Thank God you did not wash your blender... keep repeating such follies and creating new dishes....

Popular Posts