2 minutes Cakes in a Cup - Eggless and Super Quick





I came across a photo on a very popular group page in facebook - chef at large. And a part of the caption caught my eye - in two minutes. I followed the link and reached sharmispassions. Inspired, I had to try it right away! I came up with a vanilla version as well and tweaked the original choco-chip version a wee bit. I love adding instant coffee granules to my chocolate cakes - these tiny granules takes the chocolaty flavor up a notch. My almost 4 year old gobbled up the chocolate one and refused to share - not sure if I should be happy or sad!!



For the Chocolate Chip Cake in a Cup:
In a bowl or the cup itself mix the following, mix well so that there are no lumps. Microwave it for 1.5mins (Microwave used was 800W).  
  • 3 tbs of flour
  • 3 tbs of caster/confectioners sugar
  • 1.5 tbs cocoa powder
  • Milk - 3tbs
  • Oil - 3tbs
  • Chocolate Chips - 1 tbs
  • Vanilla Essence - 1/4 tsp
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp or a tiny pinch of salt
  • A pinch of instant coffee granules




For the Vanilla Cake in a Cup:
  • 4 tbs of flour
  • 3 tbs of caster/confectioners sugar
  • Milk - 3 tbs
  • Oil - 3 tbs
  • Tutti Fruity - 1 tsp
  • Chopped cashews - 1 tsp
  • Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tsp
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp or a tiny pinch of salt
First mix all the dry ingredients, add the liquids and whisk well. Make sure there are no lumps. Microwave for little less than 2 minutes and you are done!


Eat with a spoon while it is still warm. Drizzle some chocolate sauce or add a scoop of ice cream if you want to! This has to be eaten as soon as it has cooled down enough. If you wait, it might harden a bit.

Note: Microwave time might vary a bit.  

Comments

Keka said…
awesome! i've made cake in a cup before - but never an eggless version! will definitely try this!
Unknown said…
good .. now I have recipe to give to my college students patients who want something yummy yet healthy and something that can be made in a jiffy
Unknown said…
Loved the recipe...surely gonna try this...Loved your new template too....:) it is much easier now to find our your other recipes....:)
Unknown said…
Loved the recipe...surely gonna try this...Loved your new template too....:) it is much easier now to find our your other recipes....:)
Cocoawind said…
And best part.. super easy! Thanks guys!!
Dhoritri said…
super hit. tried it. I used ghirardelli coacoa powder and bazilian coffee granules.
Cocoawind said…
Thank you so much Dho... :)
Priyanka said…
It was so delectable and super quick! I couldn't believe my eyes! It's a quencher for people like me who can crave for a chocolate cake at midnight :P
Thank you so much Sarani for this recipe! :-)
Cocoawind said…
Thank you so much Priyanka :)
Unknown said…
Tried this.....it's awesome...really liked it...but I have one query.... After few minutes my cup cake got bit harder.. Why was it so? Can anyone help
Cocoawind said…
Thank you so much Deepali for trying this out! It is best to eat it as soon as it has cooled down enough! Also, try microwaving it for 10 to 15 seconds less. Depending on the make and model of the microwave, cook time will vary! Hope this helps :)

Popular Posts