Semi-homemade Raspberry Galette


Semi-homemade Raspberry Galette

I learnt something new today - those tiny bumps on the raspberries are called druplets. How fascinating! Now the trick is to remember it! The forgetful being that I have become! The other day, the almost 7.5 yo told me - Ma.. you knew more when I was 6! We were playing a game during dinner time that he had come up with about 3 years back - 'animal-animal'. We give each other 3 clues regarding an animal, and the other person has to guess! I had a hard time keeping up with him (I used to rock it, before). He, very generously, offered to help me revise the animals names and suggested that his bedtime gets pushed by half an hour! Nice try!

Anyways, coming back to the recipe - I call it semi-homemade since I took the easier route and used a store bought pie crust. It did save me a lot of time, but I will stick to making my own dough in the future.



Semi-homemade Raspberry Galette: Ingredients

  • Store bought pie crust, thawed and at room temperature
  • Fresh raspberries - 1 3/4 Cups
  • Lemon Zest - 1/2 tsp
  • Brown Sugar - 3 tbsp.
  • Lemon juice - 1 tsp, freshly squeezed
  • 1 tbsp of granulated sugar
  • Egg white mixed with a little water for brushing the edges of the galette
  • Confectioners sugar for dusting (optional)

Semi-homemade Raspberry Galette: How to make it.


Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a cookie sheet and keep aside.
In a bowl, mix the fresh raspberries with lemon zest, lemon juice, brown sugar and let it hang out for about 30 minutes.
Gently roll out the thawed pie crust on the greased cookie sheet.
Drain as much juice as possible from the berry mix and using a spoon, scoop it out onto the pie crust about 1 1/2 inches from the edges.
Now gently fold the edges of the pie crust, over-lapping the berry mix a little and then, using your fingers, crimp as you go.
Finally, brush the crimple edge with the egg wash. Sprinkle the granulated sugar on the egg-washed edge.

Bake for 20-22 minutes till the edges start turning golden brown.

Let the galette cool down completely and then dust with confectioner's sugar (if using). Serve.

Enjoy a slice of raspberry galette with a drizzle of chocolate sauce or a scoop of ice cream or just eat as is!


Comments

Popular Posts