Pan roasted garlicky Asparagus

Pan roasted garlicky Asparagus

 
 
When we were in Tennessee last weekend, our friends D & A, cooked a whole lotta stuff in their cast iron skillet, which reminded of mine. My cast iron pan had been tucked away in the darkest corner of the cabinet for more than a year now. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE cooking in it. Everything gets cooked way faster and clean-up is a breeze. It was just that it's weight would trigger severe spasms in my arm and shoulder.

I helped D cook the asparagus and she suggested that I add a sprinkle of garlic salt. What a great idea it was!
 
These tender asparagus spears caught my eyes at Wholefoods and I just could not walk away! And I just had to use the cast iron pan.
 
The husband did the heavy-lifting so all was good.
 
Pan roasted garlicky Asparagus
 
 
Ingredients:
  • Tender asparagus - 1 bunch, washed, patted dry with a towel and the woody part trimmed
  • Garlic - 1 fat clove, minced
  • Oil - 1 tsp (or a little butter)
  • Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
  • Garlic Salt - 1/8 tsp or a fat pinch
I used my cast iron pan to roast the asparagus so it took me just 3 to 4 minutes to cook these. Plus the bunch of asparagus was really tender.
Melt a pat of butter or heat about a teaspoon of oil in your pan. Throw in the asparagus spears along with the minced garlic. Toss and stir. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper, sprinkle the garlic powder and cook till the spears are tender.
 
Serve hot.

Comments

Popular Posts