Granola-Yogurt-Mixed Berry Bowl with Chia Seeds (Breakfast)

Granola-Yogurt-Mixed Berry Bowl with Chia Seeds (Breakfast)

Granola-Yogurt-Mixed Berry Bowl with Chia Seeds (Breakfast)

I have been feeling overwhelmed and overworked since last December. I would wake up exhausted each morning and as the day would progress, I would feel more and more drained out. Daily chores and my workload would seem never-ending and I would fret about chores not being done while working - the downside of working from home.  I would make a schedule, and then deviate from it just because I would be too tired to get anything done. It was like I was living my life in a 'zombie-mode' - sleep deprived and lethargic.

Then, a client introduced me to the concept of 'adrenal fatigue' - and how diet and lifestyle changes can bring about a positive effect on the mind and body. Ever since then I have been trying to make some lifestyle changes. The changes were simple enough, like

Incorporating lifestyle changes to fight fatigue (just a few of many)

  1. At least 30 minutes of active time each day (not just doing chores)
  2. Eating a wholesome breakfast within one hour of waking up (that sometimes stretches to 1 hour 15 minutes, but I do drink at least 2 glasses of water during that time)
  3. Keeping myself well hydrated.
  4. Trying to get at least 7 to 9 hours of sleep. Most days I'm in bed by 11pm get about 7.5 hours of sleep.
  5. Incorporating more superfoods in my diet.
It is still a work-in-progress but I have been feeling a lot better health-wise (barring the lower back injury) - I have been feeling less burnt out and exhausted round the clock plus I have been waking up in the mornings not feeling as tired as before.

I know that the lifestyle changes that I have incorporated is a tiny step towards feeling better but these are the only changes that I can bring about right now.

Disclaimer: 

My knowledge  regarding the concept of 'adrenal fatigue' is very limited but I have seen positive changes in me after embracing some of the lifestyle changes. There is a lot of material/resources out there in the cyber world that you can refer to and you can definitely talk to your doctor about it.

Going forward, I will be sharing more wholesome breakfast ideas, smoothie recipes and healthy snacking options.

Granola-Yogurt-Mixed Berry Bowl with Chia Seeds (Breakfast)

For this Granola-Yogurt-Mixed Berry Bowl with Chia Seeds I used:

3/4 Cup Greek Yogurt whisked with raw honey
1/2 tbsp. chia seeds
1/2 Cup Granola of your choice (always look for the ones with less sugar)
Mixed Berries - 3/4 Cup
Almonds - 1/4 Cup

You can supplement this breakfast bowl, with an additional protein boost from a boiled egg. I cannot stand the smell of boiled egg (please do not judge my over-active nose) so I usually eat my eggs fried or make myself a sunny-side up with the yolk well-done.

This wholesome breakfast keeps me full till lunch time. I usually eat a light lunch around 1pm, then drink a smoothie around 4:30pm with the 7.5 yo and then dinner between 7:30 to 8pm, depending on the 7.5 yo's schedule of activities.

I'll be back with more breakfast ideas soon!

Comments

Popular Posts