Spinach and Chicken Frittata

This was my lunch yesterday. Keeping in mind that my meals need to be rich in protein and with a side of at least 2 servings of veggies, I thought of making this. I do not have an oven-safe pan I followed my friend PeeGee's (her blog) tip and covered the handle of my pan with aluminium foil before I put it into the oven.


This is what I needed:

  • 1/2 C chicken, boiled and shredded
  • 1 cup spinach (I used frozen, organic)
  • 1/4 C cheese. I used shredded cheddar and Monterrey jack. You can use any of your choice.
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1tbs butter
  • A dash of milk, roughly a tbs
  • 1/2 tsp of grated garlic
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
This is how I made it:
  • Preheated the oven to 350F
  • Added the butter to the pan and to it added the shredded chicken and sauteed till it browned a bit.
  • Added the thawed spinach and cooked awhile.
  • To it added the grated garlic and cooked till the raw smell was gone.
  • Added the 4 eggs that I had whisked in a separate bowl along with a dash of milk and S&P.
  • Cooked on the stove top on medium heat till it set.
  • Sprinkled the cheese and stuck it in the oven for about 10-12 minutes till it turned golden. 
This is a good option for breakfast and I love having breakfast for lunch. 

Comments

Keka said…
this sounds good! will try this on the stove!

Popular Posts