Lentil with spinach

My friend is coming over with her family on the 4th of July.. so thought of getting a headstart on cooking. Since her daughter is allergic to a lot of food, my options were very limited. One of the few things she can have is lentil (masoor daal). This is a very simple recipe and a family favorite.

What I needed:
  • 1 cup lentil (masoor) daal
  • 1/2 cup spinach (I used frozen organic spinach)
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1tsp cumin seeds
  • 1tsp olive oil
  • 1 green chilli
  • Salt to taste
I use a pressure cooker to cook it.

How I made it:
  • Heated oil in the pressure cooker
  • Added the cumin seeds and green chilli
  • Added the lentil once the cumin seeds started spluttering and stirred it a bit
  • Added water (around 1 1/4cup)
  • Added salt
  • Added the spinach and chopped cilantro to it
  • Pressure cooked for about 15mins till it was done.
This pairs up well with both chapati and rice.


Comments

Popular Posts