Strawberry FroYo - No churn Frozen Yogurt

Strawberry FroYo - No churn Frozen Yogurt


Kolkata Food Bloggers is back with a series of summer special events. This week is dedicated to summer coolers. While it is just about getting warm here, summer heat is on full swing in Kolkata with the temperatures soaring. Chilled or light recipes are perfect for this weather.
The 5.5 yo was so excited to try it that he could hardly wait. He checked with me every 2 minutes if I was done taking photos yet. When I served him a bowlful, he polished it off within minutes. When I asked him if he liked it, he beamed and gave me a thumbs up and asked me if there more for him to eat the next day! I knew right away that this recipe is a keeper.
Those of you have been following me a while would remember that we went blueberry picking last year at a local farm. And of course we went overboard and brought back tons of blueberries - more than we could finish eating while still fresh. So I made quite a few recipes using blueberries. One of those was Blueberry Buttermilk Sorbet or Sherbet without Ice-cream Maker - a very similar recipe but a tad bit more time consuming.

Strawberry FroYo - No churn Frozen Yogurt

I had bookmarked this recipe from Himanshu's blog - thewhiteramekins a few weeks back and this was the perfect opportunity to try it out! I have been following and admiring Himanshu's work on a food photography group and that's how I found his blog - and I am so glad that I did. This one turned out so good!

Strawberry FroYo - No churn Frozen Yogurt

This is a very simple recipe and uses very few ingredients. And best part is that a food processor does the work for you. I just adjusted the quantities a wee bit.

Ingredients:
  • Strawberries - 16 ounces (or about 2 Cups), hulled and cut into halves
  • Greek Yogurt (or hung curd) - 1 1/2 Cups
  • Honey - 1/3 Cup
  • Lemon zest - 3/4 tsp
Place the strawberries on a cookie sheet or a plate in a single layer and freeze overnight. Run the frozen strawberries in a food processor till they get pulverized into itty bitty pieces. Add the remaining ingredients and process till smooth. Transfer the mixture to metal pan - I used my aluminized steel loaf pan - and freeze for 4-5 hours till it sets. Once again I left it in the freezer overnight.
The 5.5 yo absolutely loved it! I usually used to get organic frozen yogurt pops for him from Wholefoods. So next time I am going to use freeze pop molds to make some FroYo ice-pops for him!

Strawberry FroYo - No churn Frozen Yogurt

I am sending this recipe to Kolkata Food Bloggers Summer Splash event



Comments

Indrani said…
Sarani, loving all the pics in this post...so beautiful set-up and perfect lighting. I once made fro-yo with all the churning process, OMG never made after that, I need to try out this recipe soon
Cocoawind said…
Thank you so much Indrani! :) It is so easy and turned out so good!
Unknown said…
I have tried many types of ice cream in my life, but since I discovered the health frozen yogurt, gelato and sorbet they do not go out of my menu! Everyone have to try it!

Popular Posts