Single Serve Raspberry Lemonade: An Ode to Summer

Single Serve Raspberry Lemonade: An Ode to Summer


Nothing says summer like a chilled glass of sweet and tart and refreshing Raspberry Lemonade. Once you have a jar of simple syrup stashed in your fridge, you can whip up lemonades and limeades lickety-split.

One week into the summer vacation and we are going strong. There's been a lot of reading,  some splashing around in the pool/splash pad, gorging on delicious food, a visit to the zoo, cook-out with friends, hanging out with close friends, a drive to downtown and little bit of shopping!

And tomorrow, we are going on a road trip!

The 6.5 yo is growing up fast. All I want to do is slow down and savor each moment. Make memories. Cuddle. Share stories. Dream with him. Nurture. It is really endearing to see him as excited as I am regarding the video series I have been planning to do with him. He reminded me last night before going off to sleep to keep everything ready so that we can "shoot" first thing in the morning - "... because, you know, I might get hyper later on!" It took a lot of effort to keep a straight face.


Single Serve Raspberry Lemonade: An Ode to Summer


Ingredients: (serves 1)
  • Raspberries - 1/3 Cup, pureed and strained through a fine mesh strainer to catch the seeds
  • Freshly squeezed lemon juice - 1 tbsp
  • Simple syrup - 2 tbsp (recipe here)
  • Water - 3/4 Cup to 1 Cup, chilled
  • Fistful of ice cubes
Single Serve Raspberry Lemonade: An Ode to Summer


Stir the strained out raspberry puree, lemon juice, simple syrup and water together till combined. Since I didn't have a lot of raspberries to puree, I mashed it with my cocktail  muddler just because I wanted to use it. Then strained it using my fine mesh tea strainer. You can use a fork to mash the raspberries too. Throw out the pulp and seeds (or eat it like I do).

Pour the mixture into a chilled glass filled with ice cubes. Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts