Baked Salmon with Roasted Tomatoes


This is a  winner of a recipe as it takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. I had used  salmon fillets of about 6 oz each. Preheated the oven to 350 F. Washed the fish and marinated each fillet with some lemon juice and grated garlic for about 10 minutes. Washed off the marination - this takes the fisy smell away. Drizzled some oil and lemon juice on it and sprinkled some salt, freshly ground black pepper and dried rosemary. Baked it for 10 minutes and then broiled it at 450 F for about 3 to 4 minutes. Served it with a side of fresh greens and roasted tomatoes.

For the roasted tomatoes: Cut the tomatoes into halves or quarters depending on the size, drizzle some oil and toss with some salt and pepper and grated garlic. Bake at 400 F for 25 to 30 minutes. 

Note: You can use dill or dried parsley instead of rosemary. 

Comments

Project Curve said…
this looks heavenly!
Unknown said…
a fantastic source of DHA .. great for brain development of the young child , a magic ingredient for great skin and hair and the expert in keeping arteries unclogged
Mehnaz said…
Looks delicious!

I am looking forward to trying it out.. But I have a query.. I am absolute novice when it comes to cooking.. I have just about gotten the hang of Indian cooking.. And the oven is something that scares me! :) On that note, I don't think that my oven has a broil function.. What is the alternative to that?

TIA!

Mehnaz

ps: I guess the Calcutta connection has spurred me to actually go through your entire blog and I have even earmarked a few recipes which I intend to try out. Thanks again! :)
Cocoawind said…
Thank you so much!
Cocoawind said…
Mehnaz... thank you once again. You can just skip the broiling altogether. Or just crank up your oven to the highest temperature for the last few minutes. (Broiling temperature is usually between 500-550F.)

Popular Posts