Happy Birthday KFB!

A whole year went away in a blink! It was the January of 2013 when I had just moved back to Kolkata with my son! One time when I was talking to Kamalika C of Silence Sings, she said that she was thinking of starting a Bloggers' Group and asked me if I was interested. It was just a few days later that Kolkata Food Bloggers (KFB) was formed with a handful of bloggers and there was no looking back! Of course there were a few bumps along the way but it was all good for the better part! And now we are all set to celebrate KFB's first birthday!! Over this one year KFB has become the melting pot of different cooking styles, but most importantly beautiful friendships have blossomed! 
There was a time when I would toil relentlessly in the kitchen for 2 whole days if I was throwing a party and by the time guests came over I would either still be stuck in the kitchen or too tired to enjoy. Many parties later, now that I am older and wiser, I choose recipes that can be baked in the oven while I can cook 1 or 2 more dishes. 
KFB's birthday party is going to be a finger food and dessert party and each one of us bloggers brings one dish. I am bringing spicy fried shrimps. 

Spicy Fried Shrimp


Ingredients:

  • Shrimps - About 20-25 medium size, de-veined with the tail on
  • Flour - 1/2 Cup
  • Garlic Powder - 1/2 tsp or 1 tsp grated garlic
  • Egg - 1
  • Butter Milk - 1/2 Cup
  • Sweet Chili Sauce - 1/4 Cup
  • Paprika - 1 tsp
  • Hot Sauce - Few drops (as per you preference)
  • Pepper - 1/2 tsp, freshly ground
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil - enough for frying
Spicy Fried Shrimp

In a bowl mix all the above ingredients except shrimps & oil. Whisk into a smooth batter. The batter will be thick. When the oil is hot enough, dunk the shrimps in the batter and fry till golden brown on medium heat. Do not overcrowd the pan. Drain excess oil on a paper towel and serve hot with ketchup or any condiment of your choice. 



https://www.facebook.com/kolkatafoodbloggers

Comments

Joyti said…
Having blogger bring dishes for the b-day party - such a good idea. The food will be excellent and you'll get to try a few new dishes too.

Have fun! The shrimp looks great.
Cocoawind said…
Thank you so much Jyoti! :) All bloggers can send their dishes to the party!

Popular Posts