One Minute Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup

I will not lie - I sometimes use my son's favorite food to keep him engaged for sometime! In the bargain I get a precious 20 minutes of 'me-time' during the day. Sometimes it is an ice-cream and sometimes a cookie or a cupcake along with a glass of milk. Anything else, I will have to feed him! Talk about being spoilt. We are just three weeks into his 2.5 month long summer vacation and I am already running out of ideas to keep him entertained!  I am either reading to him continuously or playing with him or doing some activity or the other! Meals nowadays comprise of mostly roasted vegetables, baked fish or chicken and rice or pasta that I cook in large batches. By the time the husband gets home I am too exhausted even to watch TV! So I pack up my life from the living area and retreat to the quiet of my bedroom with my Kindle and a cup of tea (that the husband makes). I have been hardly baking (which I miss) and the kid's requests of cookies or cupcakes are getting brushed off with some vague promise! But couple of days back he was exceptionally good and helped me with a lot of chores, so I thought of surprising him with this 'One Minute Cookie in a Cup' - a lifesaver of a recipe! It took less than ten minutes to prep and bake in the microwave. I found the recipe here

One Minute Cookie in a Cup

Ingredients: 
  • Flour - 3 tbsp
  • Butter - 1 tbsp
  • Brown Sugar - 1 tbsp, firmly packed (you can use light or dark)
  • Granulated Sugar - 1 tbsp
  • Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tsp
  • Egg Yolk - 1, at room temperature. 
  • Pinch of salt
  • Chocolate Chips - 2 tbsp
One Minute Cookie in a Cup

Microwave the butter in the cup till it melts, for about 20 to 30 seconds. Whisk in the brown and white sugar briskly, using a small wire whisk or a fork till the sugars melt. Add the vanilla essence and salt and give it another good whisk. Now add the egg yolk (the butter should have cooled down by now) and mix till there is no trace of egg yolk. Stir in the flour and fold the chocolate chips in till it resembles a cookie dough. Microwave on high for 45-50 seconds. Serve warm.
You can serve with a dollop of your favorite ice-cream too!

Comments

Triveni said…
Absolutely life saving recipe Sarani. Saving it.
Sonal

Popular Posts