Shrimp Scampi

I think quick-fix meals are becoming a habit I am starting to enjoy! I am cooking twice a day and doing it with gusto! Previously I used to cook once a day or once in two days and look at me now. It is also the need to eat good food everyday and not just leftovers. I am not sure how long this phase of mine is going to last, but I think I am enjoying myself! So today for lunch we had Shrimp Scampi. This recipe was just enough for the three of us.


Ingredients:
  • Linguine - 1/2 lb (about 250gm), I used whole wheat. 
  • Shrimp - 14 medium, deveined with the tail on
  • Butter - 2 tbs
  • Garlic - 1 1/2 tbs chopped
  • Cilantro -  1tbs chopped, you can use parsley too. I just prefer cilantro. 
  • Chili flakes - a fat pinch (or more if you like more heat)
  • Lemon zest - 1 tsp
  • Lemon juice - A quick squeeze
  • White wine - 1/3 Cup, I used Pinot Grigio (or Chicken stock)
  • Pepper - 1/2 tsp, freshly ground 
  • Salt to taste

In a pot bring water (enough to cook pasta) to boil. Season the water generously with salt. Throw in the linguine and cook as per package instruction. I always cook for 1-2 minutes less than instructed as the pasta continues to cook once the sauce is added. Drain and keep aside.
In a separate pan, melt the butter on medium heat and fry the garlic till fragrant. Add the shrimps and cook till they turn pink. Be careful not to overcook. Now carefully take the shrimp out and set aside. To the same pan - there should be plenty butter left - add the lemon zest, lemon juice, chili flakes and chopped cilantro and stir well to incorporate. Add the wine and cook till it reduces a bit. Now add the shrimps back. Give it a quick stir. Pour the sauce over the linguine and toss. Serve warm. 


Comments

Unknown said…
Sounds absolutely bliss...Loved the pix too....
Sharmila said…
Simple yet flavourful ... lovely recipe. And beautiful snaps too Sarani.
Cocoawind said…
Thank you so much! :)
Project Curve said…
Definitely making it..
Cocoawind said…
Aww... thanks :)
Unknown said…
Sarani di..absolutely delicious. couldn't stop myself from eating more..

Santasree
Cocoawind said…
Thank you so much Santasree :)

Popular Posts