Easy Peas...y Pulao

We are settling down slowly. All our furniture came in over the weekend. All but one suitcase have been unpacked. My 4 year old's room is set up - and he slept in his bed last night. But the kitchen - now that is a whole different story. I have absolutely no idea why it is taking me so long. Which only means that I have limited resources when it comes to cooking. So our menu for the few days have been stuff that are quick & easy to make. Like today for lunch I made some Peas Pulao with some scrambled eggs. It was not fancy but it was quite wholesome.  And there is nothing like good ol' eggs to make any simple meal better.


Rice - 1 cup (I used Gobindo Bhog)
Peas - 1/2 Cup (I used frozen)
Onions - sliced, 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon - 1 inch
Clove - 2
Cardamom - 2 - split open
Cilantro- Chopped, 2 tbs
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 1/2 tbs
Water - 2 cups

Heat oil in a vessel, add the cumin seeds and fry till they splutter. Then add cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and fry till fragrant. Then add the sliced onions and cook till translucent. Add the peas and washed rice and cook well till all the grains get nicely coated. Add the water and salt and sugar. Cover and cook for 12-15minutes till the rice is cooked. Be sure to check the rice once in between and fluff it using a fork. 

Comments

Popular Posts