Bell Pepper- Sausage Rice

It snowed today. The season's first.  My 4 year old was very excited to wake up and see snow outside - and was more than ready to go out and make snow angels. I had a hard time dissuading him. Going out and playing in the snow was the last thing I wanted to do. Playing in the snow is for the weekend, when the husband is around. I had plans of baking some cupcakes today. But did not.  All I wanted was a steaming cup of tea every half hour! I am not a big fan of cold weather. Period.
The only good thing about the morning was that I did not have to cook lunch - there was plenty of leftovers. Most of the snow melted during the day - but it is still way too cold for my comfort.
Today for dinner we are having rice cooked with some red and green bell peppers and sausage, with a side of steamed broccoli for dinner. The easiest I could rustle up on a cold winter night. And this is just the beginning - it is going to get worse - the weather that is.



  • Basmati rice - 2 Cups
  • Chopped sausage - 1 cup (I used cooked Pork Kielbasa - you can choose what you like)
  • Chopped red Bell Pepper - 1/2 Cup
  • Chopped green Pepper - 1/2 Cup
  • Chopped Onions - 1 Cup
  • Water - 3 1/2 Cup 
  • Salt to taste


I heated the pan and threw in the chopped sausage, bell peppers and onion. I let the oil from the pork sausage to do the cooking.  Once the onions caramelized, I added the rice and salt. Stirred well, added water and cooked for about 12 minutes on medium heat. Done!


Comments

life saver and so colourful. even Ribhu will love it.
Cocoawind said…
Soh ate without complaining too!!
lubnakarim06 said…
That's simple and scrumptious....
Cocoawind said…
Thank you Lubna.. :)

Popular Posts