S'mores Inspired Cupcakes

It was my friend Progna's birthday yesterday and so I thought of baking something for her. She is one of those few people I know who really appreciates good food.. so a thumbs up from her means a lot. This was a new recipe that I was trying.



What I needed:

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips)
  • 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
  • 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
How I made them:

  • Preheated the oven to 350F. I usually place the oven rack in the center of the oven when I am making cakes or cupcakes 
  • Lined a 12-count muffin pan with paper liners.
  • Melted the butter in a small saucepan over low heat and removed it from the heat.
  • Added 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips and stirred till the chocolate melted and the mixture was smooth.
  • Transferred the mixture to a bowl and stirred in the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
  • Added the flour and once the mixture was smooth I folded in the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
  • Then filled each paper liner using an icecream scoop. 
  • Added 5-6 mini marshmallows and gently pushed those down halfway into the center of the batter.
  • Sprinkled about 1tsp of the graham cracker crumbs over the marshmallows.
  • Then baked  until the marshmallows turned light golden (for about 10 to 12 minutes).
  • Cooled and arranged them in a glass bakeware which has a lid. I find it extremely convenient to carry cupcakes or cookies this way. 
I think Progna liked it.

Comments

Popular Posts